ZEPHYR® Induced Air Flotation Unit
The Zephyr Induced Air Flotation Unit is extremely efficient in assisting with the removal of fats, oil, flotable solids through induced air floatation.
The ZEPHYR® Induced Air Flotation unit assists in the removal of fats, oil, flotable solids through induced air floatation. (Learn more about our full line of aerators and aeration equipment.)
The ZEPHYR® Air Flotation System is extremely efficient in Pulp and Paper Mills, Petrochemical Industries, Meat Processing Industries, and Municipal Wastewater Treatment.
- Precisely separates liquid phases – ideally suited for oil and grease recovery.
- Micro-fine bubbles adhere to minute solids, floating them to the surface – excellent for meat and poultry packing plants, vegetable processing plants, pulp and paper mills and petrochemical plants.
- Greatly enhances skimming operations.
- Ideal for incorporating gases into liquid media, including: CO2, ozone, CL2, methane, nitrogen, etc.
- All stainless steel construction – The ultimate in corrosion and chemical resistance.
- Solid shaft and sealed bearing design (patented) – Virtually no maintenance.
- Standard components such as: motors, bearings, and couplings.
- The diffuser disc is easily disassembled for cleaning with soap and hot water.
ZEPHYR® – How It Works
The ZEPHYR® unit mounted vertically in a tank with the motor above the water and the diffuser disc below. Each unit features diffuser disc that incorporates fine holes near its perimeter for ultra-fine bubble diffusion into the liquid. The motor spins the diffuser disc, creating a low-pressure zone at the disc’s diffuser ports, which draws air, or gas, from above the liquid surface. That air, or gas, then proceeds down through the draft tube, into the disc and out of the submerged diffuser ports. Each bubble exits through a hole in the edge of the diffuser disc. The spinning disc shears it into microscopic air bubbles measuring from 10-100 microns in diameter. These air bubbles adhere to minute solids such as oil and grease. The bubbles slowly rise to the surface around the unit, bringing the solids to the surface.
- Phase Separation
- Flotation w/ minimal mixing and turbulence
- Product removal, recovery and disposal
- Gas injection
- Pulp and Paper Mills
- Petrochemical Industries
- Poultry, Meat and Vegetable Processing Industries
- Municipal Wastewater Treatment