RWL Water Careers
As a global leader in water, wastewater and reuse, our employees contribute to providing leading edge sustainable solutions. We work every day to deliver clean water for millions of people. As part of our team, you will fulfill a critical need to improve lives around the world. Our team members enjoy working in a dynamic, collaborative environment which values diversity. RWL Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All open positions are listed below. For U.S.-based positions, please click here to search all open positions and begin the application process.
- Project Manager – RWL Water Italia
- Engineering Supervisor – RWL Water USA
- Regional Sales Manager, Western Region, USA
- Part Sales Manager
Project Manager – RWL Water Italia
RWL Water, international water, wastewater, and reuse solutions provider in the middle market, is looking for a Project Manager for its office in Padova, Italy.
The Project Manager will be responsible for executing international turnkey projects with regards to schedule, design, budget, and logistics. The successful candidate will assure the compliance with international Project Management procedures and financial reporting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assuring all aspects of a project are being executed efficiently and cohesively; including budget and schedule management.
- Planning & coordinating all engineering & procurement functions of projects.
- Coordinating site service and subcontractors.
- Managing erection team with the support of site manager.
- Maintaining schedules and budgets including prioritizing schedules, monitoring expenditures and implementing customer change orders.
- Developing & managing scopes of work for field installation of projects.
- Evaluating equipment, proposals, and internal designs ensuring reliability and integrity.
- Delegating project-based tasks to other engineers as needed for successful completion of the project.
- Providing detailed civil, mechanical & electrical design review and review & approval of shop drawings.
- Estimating civil, structural and mechanical costs for design build (DB) projects.
- Assessing risks related to design and implementation .
- Management of contingency plans.
- Preparing construction installation specifications and evaluating contractor proposals.
- Coordinating and/or personally inspecting equipment and installation.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline is required. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Project Engineering/ Project Management required.
- Experience in water treatment plant and anaerobic digestion.
- Fluent in written and spoken Italian and English required. French and Spanish knowledge preferred.
- Experience working in international environments
- Availability to travel internationally for short periods
- Team management experience
- Preferred Project Management certification
Work place: Padova, Italy
Please submit your application to [email protected] by February, 18th.
Engineering Supervisor – RWL Water USA
General Description: The Engineering Supervisor will be primarily responsible for providing hands-on mechanical engineering and product design expertise and will be directly involved in the on-going redesign and development of high quality products used in the wastewater treatment industry. In addition, this position provides engineering support as required on sold projects and bids.
Goals and Outcomes: Work as part of a team to deliver products into the water and wastewater treatment markets in order to increase revenue and grow market share and profitability. Provide technical expert support to Application Engineers, Manufacturing, Project Management, Regional Sales Managers and our Customers.
- Research – lead ongoing R&D efforts to develop innovative product designs
- Redesign – provide design improvements to improve existing product line
- Mechanical Design – perform design work on all assigned projects achieving simplicity, durability and maximum performance
- Customer/Manufacturing support – provide technical problem solving support to both internal and external customers
- Documentation – maintain complete, current, and thorough documentation on all designs
- ECO process – manage and use it to control, communicate, and manage design changes
- Vendor relations – effectively work with all current vendors and evaluate new vendors as needed
- Cost reduction – lead effort to reduce cost of goods sold for all products while maintaining quality and performance
- Provide technical sales support to sales representatives and Customers (end users and consultants) on applications, design specifications, pricing and installation assistance.
- Make technical sales presentations in support of Regional Sales Managers and Independent Sales Reps
- Develop product sizing, product application and process training presentations and materials for external sales representatives and internal sales personnel. Provides mechanical, process and operational expertise in support of sales.
- Function as the product expert on equipment design and applications while managing the product through its lifecycle. Develop, implement and champion ideas and plans for product improvements and cost reduction/value-engineering; institute those ideas.
- Work with the marketing and engineering teams to create and update product specifications, drawings, and case histories.
- Develop technical papers and support the RWL Water branding strategies.
- Provide assistance and information to the selling organization for the following areas:
- Product improvement
- Development of technical specifications and performance specs
- Technical assessment of competitor products and solutions
- Program management and timely deliverables for key product improvement and value-engineering initiatives.
- Sales order engineering
- Perform other duties as required
Supervisory Responsibilities: responsible for supervising Engineers, Designers and Project Engineers as assigned by the VP Engineering and Operations
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience: minimum 5 years of engineering leadership experience
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Ability to develop conceptual engineering designs and drawings, high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations, demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy, ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, Advanced computer skills using MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Inventor, and AutoCAD, high level of attention to detail in work, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines, able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated skill to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands, able to travel as required based on business needs
Working Conditions/Physical demands: General office; extended periods of sitting; some work in testing area and assembly facility expected; travel is required
The job description shall not be construed as an exclusive listing of all job requirements.
Please click here to apply.
Engineering Supervisor – RWL Water USA
Responsible for maintaining current municipal and industrial business and developing new business opportunities for RWL Water in western United States and corresponding parts of Canada. Direct, manage, coordinate, and execute sales activities with internal sales personnel and external Manufacturers Representatives. Participate in the evaluation and integration of new products. Work closely with marketing personnel to develop sales and marketing programs for the sales region. Coordinate with engineering, operations and accounting functions to achieve company business goals and provide best-in-class customer service. Reports to USA Sales Leader.
- Manage a schedule that promotes maximum direct interaction with sales reps as well as with existing and new customers
- Identify key business drivers in the sales region and schedule field visits to discuss product offering and solutions
- Conduct sales calls and perform Technical Sales Presentations to engineers and end users
- Build relationships with all the industry participants in the sales region
- Diligently follow-up with the clients until an award or signed contract is completed
- Convert leads into quality opportunities; support consultants and customers with specifications, installation information, case histories and sales drawings
- Recruit and train Manufacturers Representatives, ensure they are fully trained to sell RWL Water product lines; continually update reps on the most effective sales techniques to increase sales and improve customer retention
- Increase visibility for RWL Water in the sales region by attending value-added tradeshows, exhibitions, and conferences. Present case histories at local tradeshows.
- Consult/advise Senior Management regarding sales policies, product revisions, and pricing changes
- Monitor and report market changes and new sales leads to the organization through monthly reports and frequent communication
- Plan/maintain accurate records of travel, meetings, telephone calls, proposals, and sales inquiries
- Assist in the development of medium term and longer term sales plans, new order forecasts, and marketing promotion plans
- Must have a clear understanding of technologies, products, services, and capabilities of RWL Water
- Must have an excellent understanding of the wastewater industry in the assigned sales region: its end users, consultants, contractors, major industry players, and business trends/drivers
- Engineering and technical degree (environmental engineering, mechanical engineering civil engineering, chemical engineering etc.)
- 5+ years of work experience in the water/wastewater industry
- Wastewater background with in-depth understanding and knowledge of screens and screening handling equipment or biological process knowledge, ie: activated sludge, aeration systems, nutrient removal processes etc.
- Experience working with independent Manufacturers Representatives
- Self-driven professional with excellent communication skills
- Team player committed to working with our team of dedicated professionals
- Must be an excellent negotiator and closer
- Sales experience preferred
- Travel required: 30% – 50% of the time
- Attitude: Ability to work in a high-energy environment with minimal direction and supervision
- Highly computer literate – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Please click here to apply.
Parts Sales Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN.
Responsible for working with our customers to achieve sales in the areas of aftermarket parts, rebuilds/retrofits, field service inquiries and special orders. Responsible for a sales support for aeration and package plant product lines primarily but will support other product lines as needed. Prepare quotes, track all open quotes and project manage current customer orders. Enter customer orders and expedite parts shipments. Work closely with our operations team, vendors and regional sales managers in support of the business goals of RWL Water USA.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build an active presence with the existing customer base through various outreach and marcom initiatives
- Research and identify the specific part(s) required by the customer.
- Responsible for price and delivery quotes; processing customer PO’s; heavy phone usage (incoming and outgoing) expected/required.
- Maintain product and project folders and historical records for each customer as required.
- Undertake special projects, including promotions to selected/targeted customers.
- Close out projects as needed.
- Maintain product sell prices and price list.
- Responsible for accuracy and for driving improvements to the online parts store.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Previous Customer service or Aftermarket sales experience preferred.
- Experience with reading assembly and parts drawings and familiarity with product Bills of Material lists.
- Scheduling and negotiating skills desired.
- MS Office, Adobe, Company CRM, familiarity with ERP systems
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Previous experience serving customers and working in a manufacturing environment.
Technical degree or related experience preferred
Please click here to apply.